Monday, January 3, 2011

It's Beginning To Look A Lot Like Chaos

I ventured into my little "studio" tonight for the first time since I got sick. Yikes! Now, calling my crafting / sewing / painting / creative area a "studio" is like calling Cheese Whiz fine dining. In my dreams this space is going to morph into a wonderful Martha Stewart-ish creative space where artful objects are going to come spewing abundantly forth. Yeah, stay tuned for that one! I have a lot of nerve even putting this photo up here. But I do have some goals for my creative space, and the first step is looking at what is. Like I said, Yikes!

During my Christmas frenzy I decided that I must (and I mean must) paint a watercolor that depicted the season in a fun and colorful way. Then I had to frame it. And hang it on the wall. And now, there it is in all its glory and I kind of like it. It's not gorgeous, but it's fun. I'm not sure it deserves wall space, but this stubborn little painting has claimed the space and who am I to argue? 

My knitting on the Eternity Scarf is coming right along. It's a quiet, methodical knit. It doesn't take lots of thinking, and that is a very good thing~ I'm using Knit Picks Andean Silk. I love the yarn. 


A few observations:

  • Prednisone really screws with your sleep patterns. It's 1:15 AM and I need to sleep. I'd rather research everything there is to research on the internet. 
  • I love that Oprah has her own network. I love touchy, feeling TV For Women. I remember being pregnant and watching Phil Donahue back in the 70's. Those were some good shows!
  • Tomorrow I am working at home. I love that I have a job I can do from home if I need to. I still feel like I was hit by a truck- but I can actually do my job from under the wheels of a truck. I am very grateful. 






No comments:

Post a Comment