Tuesday, January 4, 2011

I'm Such A Crazy Aunt Purl Wanna Be!

Crazy Aunt Purl is one of my go to blogs. She makes me laugh, she makes me think, she makes me knit. Today she made me cook. She's raved about this kale and chickpea soup several times. Now this is not a dish that would attract me, but if Crazy Aunt Purl says it's yummy- I'm game. Something about kale is a little sceeeeery to me. I love veggies, but kale looks like something that's left on the plate after you've licked off all the fat grams. However, 2011 is the year of more veggies, healthier eating and all that good stuff that everybody talks about the first few weeks of January. 

It's not gorgeous, but it is wonderful!!!!!


Speaking of veggies- Whole Foods has really stepped up with a new marketing strategy. They have small packages of veggies as well as cut up veggies ready to scoop up and take home. What a smart thing for people like me who get all overwhelmed by huge heads and clumps of things. I can scoop up an appropriate amount with a little bit of variety for the next few days. Yay Whole Foods. 


A few observations:

  • If you go to Whole Foods and come home with 4 bags of groceries and you drop just one of the bags, it will contain the one and only breakable item in your order. It will be the large jar of honey and it will seep everywhere. It's some sort of universal law.


No comments:

Post a Comment