Friday, January 7, 2011

2 Down, 33 To Go

I'm on a quest to make all the corners of my home cozy, clutter free and today I completed one wall in my den. One wall ='s 2 corners. I'm not crazy about that math. Soon I will develop new math that makes that 33 to go number decrease quicker. I'm thinking just cleaning my fridge all scrubby, shiny clean should count for at least 7 corners. (See, this is why I have a clutter problem.)

My bookcase now:

The flag on the top is from my dad's military funeral several years ago. It's something I cherish.

I've got a box for photos that need to be scanned and preserved.

Family photos.

Some books, old opera glasses that belonged to Hannie, Mannie or Nora.  A big plaster plate thing that I got out of one of the model homes I've worked at. All bookcases at model homes have big plaster things on them.
A vase of yarn. I'm trying to be artsy. I'll probably get moths.

A couple of things painted by my friend Sue (those are in the cherish category as well.) Book ends that were a favorite gift.

A home for my daily planner.

And finally, some books.
It's just a cheapy Ikea book case. But it holds some things I care about. Here you can see a close up of my Uncle John as well as a photo of me with him at his son's wedding in the 80's. Next to that is a photo of my grandmother and grandfather in the 1950's in Los Angeles.

The mail shredder does not belong in my cozy book case corner. I didn't even realize it was there until I looked at these photos. I wonder what the proper fung shui placement for a paper shredder is? 

No comments:

Post a Comment