Saturday, January 1, 2011

Christmas Musings

Christmas is all kind of a blur. From the photographs, it looks like it was a good one! Juli, my very spoiled, very sweet Calico Kitty got lots of toys. She loves her toys but the very favorite is a box. A box! It is HER box and she stands in it, sits in it and curls up and sleeps with it. The box was the wrapping on an electric fondue pot. Juli says throw out the fondue pot and keep the box!

 Some other Christmas recap-






I found it necessary to make my own gift tags. I know, it may seem silly to spend a lot of time doing this much work for something that will probably be thrown out. But it was so much fun. And so relaxing. I brought out all my old scrap booking supplies and just had a ball.








I've discovered that I can't just "plan" something like this. I have to start playing around with the paper and supplies and all of a sudden I am off on some uncharted path and most of the time I end up
with something I love. Usually.











And there was some wrapping......




I absolutely love wrapping gifts with a little pizzaz. My mother was the queen of the beautifully wrapped gifts. Choosing little inexpensive embellishments to go with the ribbon, the paper and even what the gift is makes me feel connected to Christmas past and to a part of my mother that brings up happy memories. I used to watch her create gorgeous gifts and think "Oh I could never do that." Oh yes, I could.





And there was a little baking.....





Truth be told, I did too much. Truth be told, I loved every minute of it. But- the bottom line is, I didn't get enough sleep. I didn't get enough treadmill time. I ate too much sugar. But that was then, this is now.

I'm not much for New Year's Resolutions. I have some things I want to incorporate into my life in a real, lasting way in 2011. Some things are ideas, waiting to be born. Some things are concrete. More to follow.




And finally, today. Today was a really wonderful day. I watched Eat, Pray, Love. It was a pure chick flick, not as meaningful and deep as the book, but very enjoyable. And I began knitting The Eternity Scarf.  I love this knitting project. It is flying through my fingers and each meditative stitch strengthens me, calms me and reminds me of how good a day can really be.


A few observations:


  • Watching Hoarders makes me feel like having a few extra loads of laundry to do isn't all that bad. (Not to make light of hoarding disorder, I'm just sayin' - it kind of puts things in perspective.
  • I don't know how to arrange these pages on Blogger yet. I'll figure it out. After I do my laundry.
  • I don't really want to do my laundry! I'll think about it tomorrow. 

No comments:

Post a Comment