Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Slicing Life

I've signed up for an online photography class called A Slice Of Life. It started yesterday, and I think I'm going to really enjoy it. I don't know a thing about settings, aperture, white balance. It all makes me a little crazy. I don't know anything about composition, lighting or other things that "real" photographers rattle off like they were talking about the weather. Thankfully, that is not what this class is about. I think it's more like a creative kick in the butt to get moving, take photos and find beauty in the ordinary.

I went through my day with a different eye today. I focused more on small, beautiful (to me) details. It felt really good. It made me realize that I pass by beauty every day without even noticing.



This is a scrap piece of watercolor paper that I was testing paint colors on while I struggled with another painting. All of a sudden I looked at the scrap paper and saw butterflies! I got out my pen and the scrap became the painting.





My journal and my fountain pen on the patio in the morning. I love writing with fountain pens. 



My morning carrot juice. Yum! Look at those cool little bubbles.



My neighbor brought a bottle of wine over to celebrate the first real warm day on Friday. The wine was nice, but the label- it was so pretty! 


More proof that spring is here...



And finally, once again my hostas are fighting their way through the earth. 

No comments:

Post a Comment