Wednesday, April 13, 2011

More Slices Of Life

I am loving my online photo class. It makes me fell like maybe I could start to tackle some of the technical side of photography. We'll see about that- it always makes me dizzy.

This week we are photographing daily routines.

First- French Press Coffee......





I am awakened by Juli HURLING herself through the air to jump on me because clearly she is STARVING. I caught her mid leap this morning. I'm not sure where her ears are. She must hold them back to make herself more aero dynamic. 


Plan my day. I love to write in my planner with a fountain pen. I wish that everything I wrote in the planner actually got done! 


My day is not complete without a bit of knitting. These are socks...or will be. Doesn't everybody make wool socks just in time for summer? 

Nightly tummy rubs and chin scratches for her royal highness. Look at that cute calico paw with speckles of color. 


Nightly cup of tea with lemon and honey. 



Face washing before bed. I love my basket of white wash cloths. 

And once again I am fighting with my asthma. I went to the doctor right away this time, so hopefully it won't turn into anything bad. I'm back on prednisone and expect to be so wired that I'll be knitting wall to wall carpeting for the house. Prednisone does that. 

30 years ago today we lost my mom. 15 years ago today we lost our Sadie dog. April 13 is not my favorite day. 








2 comments:

  1. oh!your slices of life are fabulous! I'm so glad you came by so I could visit you! I had the weekend away...I took plenty of photos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello! I am one of your fellow "Slice of Life" photographers, and saw this blog story on Darrah's suggestions. There is a great story here with your three great-great aunts! Have you ever thought about writing a children's book about them? You could tell their story, or as much as you know, and add interesting details about that time in histroy, and of Iowa. I teach third grade, and this could be something very wonderful to share with children. Think about it - I think you could really do something with this. Godd luck! :) ~cmphotoprincess

    ReplyDelete