Thursday, June 23, 2011

Achieving Balance

I am horrible at balance. I get all wrapped up in my passion d' jour. Sometimes it's painting. Sometimes it's knitting. Sometimes it's photography. Last week I got Photoshop Elements and I am having such fun.  Here's a photo of my girl Gladys that originally included her mom and a leash:


Speaking of Gladys, I will be babysitting her next week. I can't wait because I so miss having a dog.




Back to my balance issue- sometimes it seems that life has so many moving parts. I want to exercise, eat healthy, do yoga, write in my journal, keep my house nice. And the list goes on. And I seem to be able to do one thing at a time to the exclusion of all others. But isn't life always a balancing act? Isn't that just part of the human condition? I'm not sure what the answer is. When I figure it out I'll post the secret before I forget it! 

And finally- last weekend in the mountains by the Appalachian Trail:


Mother Nature has this whole balance thing figured out. All of her parts are in perfect alignment. Mother N knows the secret of balance, but she's not talkin'. 

No comments:

Post a Comment